Monday, March 14, 2016

OH NO, Another Genealogy Blog!

    
Oh no.....another genealogy blog?!?!

                                  The page from the Phillips
                                   Family Bible that started
                                    my quest!


     I became interested in my family history when I was about 10 years old. My mother showed me two family Bibles that had belonged to her great-grandparents, and I was hooked.  At various times in my adult life, I have attempted to do genealogical research, usually in the summer when I had a break from teaching school. With the explosion of digitzed records and websites such as Ancestry.com, I have recently been able to make amazing progress very quickly. Now that I am retired, I am determined to get as many of my discoveries as possible written down and into the hands of as many of my relatives as I can. 

     My first research centered on the Phillips, Robinson, and Angell families of Athens County, who are my mother's ancestors.  Lately, I have been researching the Goldsberry family and all their ancestors, which include many early settlers in the states of Ohio, Virginia/West Virginia, Massachusetts, Connecticut, and Pennsylvania.  I have found ancestors who arrived at Plymouth, Massachusetts the year following the Mayflower and an ancestor who was friends with Benjamin Franklin.  I have learned more about Ohio and U.S. history than any class I ever took in high school or college.  It has made history come alive to me, and I hope to pass that excitement on to others.

     In attempting to come up with a "catchy" name for this blog, I decided to focus on my maiden name, Goldsberry, but the blog will include stories about both sides of my family. 

     I hope you will join me on this journey of discovering my family roots!

                                                           Teresa



1 comment:

  1. Your research is fabulous I have much info to colaberate! I hope to hear from you xoxo

    ReplyDelete